Don’t throw away those bananas!! Make Bread.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbs butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs at room temperature and lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl or mixer, whisk together the bananas, cooled butter, eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. DON’T over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted slightly off center in the bread comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 35 minutes before slicing and enjoying.
Photos (just in case my simple instructions weren’t enough)
9×5 loaf pan and “cooking Spray”
In case you forgot the the difference between baking “soda” and baking “powder”. You need “soda” 3/4 teaspoon to be exact. Here’s a hint (1/4 teaspoon 3 times)
I LOVE my mixer. If you have one use it. If not, the old school hand whisk my friend.
Now mash your bananas
Go ahead and add all the other stuff to your B-A-N-A-N-A-S (good luck getting that song out of your head).
The art of “folding”. You use a plastic spatula and carefully fold that dry stuff into the wet. Add choco chips.
Use your rubber spatula to get all that gooeyness (into your pan) And I am all for licking the bowl. If your eggs have salmonella, I wouldn’t recommend it.