- 1 box corn bread
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C milk
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix up cornbread mix according to instructions. Gently fold in chiles and creamed corn. Pour into greased baking pan (9×9, 9×13, large cast iron skillet). Bake until set (a toothpick should come out clean), about 20-25 minutes.
- While cornbread is baking, brown the ground beef drain fat and then add taco seasoning and water according to instructions.
- Once cornbread is done baking, reduce oven to 350 degree F. Poke holes in cornbread with a fork and pour enchilada sauce over it. Top with ground beef and shredded cheese, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and back until cheese begins to brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving with desired toppings.
Photos for your viewing pleasure:
(That’s beef in the ziploc bag):
I’ve been using Jiffy muffin’s mixes since I was a kid. (A long time)!
Costco size taco seasoning. We make a lot of tacos in our house.
My after picture won’t load. Waiting on my IT guy….. 😉